Beyond Autoimmunity: My Mitochondrial "Hardware" and the Genetic Logic of My ITP/APS Protocol

Beyond Autoimmunity: My Mitochondrial "Hardware" and the Genetic Logic of My ITP/APS Protocol

​Most people view Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS) and Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP) purely as "software" issues—the immune system has a glitch and is attacking healthy cells. But after diving deep into my 23andMe raw data, I’ve discovered that the "hardware"—my mitochondria—might be the one sending the distress signal in the first place.

​I’ve mapped out my "Genomic Blueprint" to understand why my platelets stay in the 80k–110k range and why my "Triple Positive" profile requires such a specific protocol. Here is the breakdown of what I found.

1. Why my platelets "retire" early

​I discovered that I have a significant bottleneck in Mitofusin 2 (MFN2).

  • The Marker: rs1474868 (T/T)
  • The Implication: This genotype is linked to reduced MFN2 expression in platelets. Without it, my platelet mitochondria fragment easily and can't repair themselves. This "junk" mitochondrial DNA can leak out, acting as a "flare" that attracts my immune system’s attention.

2. High-speed oxidative stress

​My system is like a high-performance engine with a tiny exhaust pipe.

  • The Combo: SOD2 (AA) + GPX1 (T/T) + GSTM1 (Null).
  • The Implication: I produce mitochondrial "exhaust" (H_2O_2) very fast, but I’m genetically missing the tools to bag it and clear it out. This creates a constant "smoke" of oxidative stress that keeps my APS antibodies on high alert.

3. The Alarm and the Brakes

  • The Alarm (C3 G/G): My innate immune system has a "loud" alarm. It is genetically faster at "tagging" my fragmented platelets for removal.
  • The Brakes (CFH T/T & G/G): On the bright side, my "immune brakes" are strong. My body is excellent at turning off an attack once it starts, which is likely why I can keep my conditions stable.

My "Genomic Bypass" Protocol

​I don’t just take supplements; I attempt to use them as "manual overrides" for these genetic bottlenecks:

  1. Urolithin A: My secret weapon. It activates my TFEB (C/C) "Janitor" to clean up those MFN2 fragments before the immune system can see them.
  2. Liposomal Glutathione & R-ALA: This is my manual exhaust system. It clears the peroxide that my GPX1 and GSTM1 genes can't handle.
  3. PQQ & Ubiquinol: These bypass my PPARGC1A (T/T) bottleneck to help me build new mitochondrial engines.

The Takeaway:

Managing chronic illness isn't just about suppressing the immune system; it’s about understanding the biological triggers. By "cleaning up the evidence" at the mitochondrial level, I'm giving my immune system a reason to stay calm.



​​Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. This is my personal data and protocol shared for educational purposes. Always consult with your specialist before changing your treatment plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kicking six years of chronic fatigue and how I accidently became a biohacker.